Play: Shooting Porn: Live On Stage!
Playwright: Ronnie Larsen
Story: “When Making Porn was playing in LA the first time, I met a bunch of porn stars so I decided to make a documentary about their lives and the process of shooting porn movies. The movie was NOT a film adaptation of my play, Making Porn, it was an actual documentary. After the movie came out I wanted to see if I could actually stage the movie and then turned it into a play. To the best of my knowledge no one had ever made a documentary and then turned it in to a stage play, so in a sense the whole thing was just a big experiment for me.” Ronnie Larsen
Length: 90 minutes
Produced Cities: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Palm Springs, Chicago
ORIGINAL PRODUCTION/LOS ANGELES
- Gino Colbert played Gino Colbert
- Chad Donovan played Porn Star #2
- Ronnie Larsen played Chi Chi LaRue
- Gabriel Macen played Actor #1
- Peter Nevargic played Porn Star #1
- JT Sloan played Porn Star #3
THE FOLLOWING ACTORS HAVE ALSO APPEARED IN THE PLAY
- Jason Branch played Actor #2 (San Francisco, Chicago)
- Peter Dixon played Actor #1 (Chicago)
- Blake Harper played Actor #1 (San Francisco)
- Billy Masters played Actor #1 (Palm Springs)
- Austin Reeves played Actor #3 (Los Angeles)
- Joshua Scott played Actor #2 (Palm Springs)
- Mickey Skee played Actor #1 (Los Angeles)
- David Thompson played Gino Colbert (Los Angeles)
Audio Description: http://ronnielarsen.com/m/sounds/view/Shooting-Porn-Description
Video: There is currently no video.
Jubilant crowds are offered a bawdy, hilarious, thought-provoking, shocking, touching, and altogether exhilarating theater piece.”
LES SPINDLE, FRONTIERS MAGAZINE
“An evening of good, dirty fun.”
SANDRA ROSS, LA WEEKLY
“Surprisingly entertaining and too, too funny.”
WENZEL JONES, BACKSTAGE WEST
“The most entertaining and fun show in Los Angeles this Fall.”
BILL KAISER, THE PURPLE CIRCUIT
“Illuminating, insightful, and thought-provoking.”
MARK ARIEL, FAB!
“Uproariously funny! Beyond hysterical!”
BILLY MASTERS, GAY AND LESBIAN TIMES
“Tight, fun, and lively.”
DAVID SPIRO, ODYSSEY MAGAZINE
Licensing Availability: Available for production, co-production and/or licensing.
Future: This is a very funny show that works every time. It should be performed more.